Sara started her massage career in 1983 while working at a spa in Calistoga, California. Her affinity to sports ignited her interest in Sports Massage and her attendance to Sports Massage Training Institute in Encinitas, CA in 1987. This was the catalyst to furthering and expanding her massage education. She continues to be active in learning and practicing massage.
Sara moved her Bodywork Connections practice from California to Holly Springs, North Carolina in 2001. She opened her doors October 1, 2001 in Holly Springs and has found the surrounding areas to be very open and receptive to Massage Therapy.
- Sara has a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Technology.
- She is a 1989 graduate of the National Holistic Institute (NHI) of Massage Therapy and Health Education Emeryville, CA (500 hours)
- An active 25 year member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
- She is Nationally Certified
- licensed in the state of North Carolina (NCLMBT#02353)
- Sports Massage from Sports Massage Training Institute, Encinitas, CA. (100 hours)
- Equine and Canine Sports Massage fromEquissage™, Round Hill, VA. (100 hours)
- BEAM;Bio-Electric Assessment M Dr. Douglas Mosher, Doctor of Chiropractic.(100 hours)
- Massage Emergency Response Team (MERT) (12 hours)
- Repetitive Use Injury Therapy (RUIT)™, Evergreen CO (24 hours)
- Western Institute of Neuromuscular Therapy (WIN) Laguna Hills, CA (24 hours)
- A member of the Athens Health Services Sports Massage Team 2004, Summer Olympics 2004 in Athens, Greece. Assigned to the Olympic Village, working on International Athletes and dignitaries encompassing all sports venues.
- Kinesio Taping: Specially designed tape applied in a specific technique to accomplish the intended goal; whether that be; injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, positional corrections, or lymphatic changes. Kinesio tape is very effective and based on the idea of Muscle Movement (Kinesiology) will promote proprioceptive impulse to healing & flexibility. KinesioTaping.com : (28 hours)
- 14 Years in Holly Springs, North Carolina
- 2015 London Olympic Committee Volunteer on the Athletic Medical Team of the Basketball Venue. Summer Olympics 2012 in London, England. Assigned to the Basketball venue, available to work on International Athletes. Connection with Team USA athletic Trainers and provided massage care for Team USA’s men’s Basketball members.
- Curriculum Vitae 2014 Sara Toogood