Bodywork Connections goal is to provide a strategically planned, high quality, always consistent and wonderfully dependable integrative massage therapy service.
Bodywork Connections philosophy is to provide comprehensive integrative massage therapy care. The human body is a dynamic, interrelated machine; all areas & systems may appear to work independently but essentially coordinate together for the most ultimate performance of the body. All aspects within the body need to be considered and addressed. Massage can be specific to an area of pain or discomfort (aka: Medical Massage) but we have found that by taking an “all encompassing” full-body approach, has demonstrated greater efficiency and quicker roads to recovery than the ‘pain specific’ care, in addition to fewer reoccurrences. Adequate time and attention is given to the area of complaint in each massage session, while addressing all the surrounding and supporting muscles. Rejuvenating and preventing the muscles of compensation from over fatigue and injury. We believe just as “spot reducing exercises are not the answer to weight loss, neither is pain specific work the answer to pain management or overall health & well being. We prefer to be thorough & comprehensive for your best benefit.
We have experience working with:
- professional athletes, dancers, musicians, ‘desk jockeys’, ‘Jet setters’, weekend warriors, corporate workaholics, “domestic engineers”, Repetitive Strain Occupations, and pre/post natal care.
- All age ranges: from infant, youth, teenage, college, adults to the “experientially” wise.
- In addition, to working in association with professional Physicians, Chiropractors, Physical Therapist, Psychotherapists, Acupuncturists and many Alternative Health Care Practitioners.
Bodywork Connections is located at 9104 Holly Springs Road, Apex, NC.
Bodywork Connections has been actively involved in the local community as well as around the world.
- Garden Tours for the Cure
- Race for the Cure
- 4@4 Meg Smile
- Raleigh Ironman
- US Open Golf
- Cycle across NC
- Corporate Health Fairs
- International Olympics. (2004 Athens & 2012 London)
In addition, we host small Educational events, within our office for those very special occasions such as
- Valentine’s Day Massage for loved ones.
- Partner Stretching classes
- First Aid Massage for our Loved Ones
Bodywork Connections LLC Integrative Massage Therapy
9108 Holly Springs Road, Apex, NC 27539
P.O. Box 184
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Bodywork Connections uses a Comfort Craft Hydraulic table which is handicapped accessible (ADA compliant) and has a unique feature in that it provides a mid-lift split. This allows better access to the low back muscles by the therapist and is generally more comfortable for the client. The mid-lift split also facilitates effective stretching of the lateral torso (sidelying) and of the abdominal and chest muscles (supine). The table has a capability of a 45 degree angle but most clients do quite well with only 10 to 20 degrees of split, In fact, providing just 10 degrees of split while in a prone position takes pressure off of the low back, allowing the client to relax and gain maximum therapeutic effect.